About me(;

My name is Alexya Burciaga
I go to LMHS and it is located at California, United States of America.
I'm 17 years old. I speak Spanish. I'm from Mexico.
I like Miley Cyrus, she's my favorite singer.
I like to read books. My favorite ones are: The perks of being a wallflower, Preguntale a Alicia, and ghostgirl. I don't like movies. But my favorite movie is Hachiko.
My favorite color is blue. I don't have any pets but i would like to have one. :c
When i grow up i want to be a dentist or a Spanish teacher. :D
My life is not that interesting but i really like it. I'm just a teenager with lots of dreams.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Psychologist

Duties and Responsibilities:
Psychologists study the behavior and actions of people to understand, explain, and change their behavior patterns.  They also provide counseling and therapy to those with emotional, learning, and behavior problems.  Psychologists work in schools, clinics, hospitals, and private practice. Their duties often include: 

  • Diagnosing and treating problems.
  • Interviewing and observing patients.
  • Counseling patients, groups, and families.
  • Developing mental health programs.

Average Salary:  $45,000 - $65,000

Educational Requirements:
Students should prepare for a career in psychology by taking the most challenging high school courses available, especially in English and science.  Admission to graduate programs is usually dependent on the quality of undergraduate performance in a psychology major.  Clinical psychologists must complete a two-year supervised internship after earning their doctorate and pass oral and written state qualifying exams. 
School psychologists must earn at least a master's degree.

I do not want to be a psychologist because i cannot be neutral towards someone issues i like to help people the most i can. I am not good giving advices so i think this is not a good option for me. What i think about this career is that it is for patient people that likes to help without getting involve in the issue and that is not my type of personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment