About me(;

My name is Alexya Burciaga
I go to LMHS and it is located at California, United States of America.
I'm 17 years old. I speak Spanish. I'm from Mexico.
I like Miley Cyrus, she's my favorite singer.
I like to read books. My favorite ones are: The perks of being a wallflower, Preguntale a Alicia, and ghostgirl. I don't like movies. But my favorite movie is Hachiko.
My favorite color is blue. I don't have any pets but i would like to have one. :c
When i grow up i want to be a dentist or a Spanish teacher. :D
My life is not that interesting but i really like it. I'm just a teenager with lots of dreams.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Operating Room Technician

Duties and responsibilities:
Operating room technicians are also called surgical technicians or surgical technologists.  They prepare operating rooms for surgery.  They are responsible for having surgical instruments, and all the equipment necessary ready for the operation.  They may also assist doctors by handing them needed instruments during surgery.  They deliver specimens to hospital laboratories for analysis, and take patients to the recovery room after the surgery. 

Average Salary:  $16,000 - $22,000

Educational Requirements:
A high school diploma or GED certificate is required.  Many vocational and junior colleges offer programs in operating room technology, and training may also be taken at large hospitals.  Students receive training in medical terminology, physiology, and sterilization methods.  At the end of the training period students must pass an examination by the Association of Surgical Technologists to become certified.

I don't want to be an operating room technician because i don't like to see a lot of blood. I am too nervous so i think i would not be able to see someone risking his or her life. I think that career is a good oportunity to learn the names of the useful tools that are necessary to make any surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment