About me(;

My name is Alexya Burciaga
I go to LMHS and it is located at California, United States of America.
I'm 17 years old. I speak Spanish. I'm from Mexico.
I like Miley Cyrus, she's my favorite singer.
I like to read books. My favorite ones are: The perks of being a wallflower, Preguntale a Alicia, and ghostgirl. I don't like movies. But my favorite movie is Hachiko.
My favorite color is blue. I don't have any pets but i would like to have one. :c
When i grow up i want to be a dentist or a Spanish teacher. :D
My life is not that interesting but i really like it. I'm just a teenager with lots of dreams.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Occupational Therapist


Duties and responsibilities: 
Occupational Therapists are in charge of patients who are mentally, emotionally, or physically disabled adjust to handicaps and regain abilities to perform daily living and self-care skills.  They work in a team which is composed of physicians, counselors, and physical therapists. 
Occupational therapists design therapy programs and work closely with patients to observe them, help them, and monitor their progress.  They frequently design special equipment to aid patients and help with their therapy.  They also teach patients how to adjust to work and home life after becoming disabled by injury or illness.  Most occupational therapists work at hospitals, and nursing homes.  Some work at schools for the handicapped, rehabilitation centers, or at adult daycare centers.

Salary:  $26,000 - $45,000

Education:
Students should take the most challenging high school math, science, and English courses. 
All  states require either a bachelor's or master's degree. Also they may require clinical experience and successful completion of a national examination to become a certified occupational therapist.


I don't want to be an occupational therapist because i think it is too hard. This job requieres someone that has patience. I think that people working as an occupational therapist are good people that like to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment